Kodak SONORA XTR PLATES – 730 X 600 X 0.30 (50)
SONORA XTRA Plates boast image contrast three times stronger than that of SONORA X. It’s easy to see even the smallest image details on the plate.
Fast enough for the fastest platesetters, SONORA XTRA Plates let you get more out of your existing equipment, or you can upgrade your CTP to get to press even faster.
A tougher substrate and more durable coating make SONORA XTRA Plates robust enough for just about any print environment. And thanks to SONORA XTRA’s enhanced scratch and scuff resistance, you can keep the presses running with no slowdowns.
XTRA LONG RUNS
SONORA XTRA Plates meet the needs of most printers currently using unbaked processed plates. You can achieve run lengths of up to 400,000 impressions on web presses, 250,000 impressions on sheetfed presses, and 100,000 impressions for UV-ink applications.
LESS WASTE MEANS BIG SAVINGS
Kodak’s field-proven process free plate technology lets you eliminate the plate processing step – along with all the water, energy, chemistry, and processing variability – without sacrificing the performance that you require from a plate. In the pressroom, you’ll see even bigger savings by removing the variability and plate defects caused by processing.
BE AN ENVIRONMENTAL LEADER
Show your customers and community that you’re an environmental leader by using SONORA Process Free Plates.
- No more processing chemistry, along with disposal, handling, and shipping.
- No more water to rinse the plate in the processor, mix concentrated chemistry, or clean the processing equipment.
- No more energy to run your plate processor.
- No more waste in the pressroom from variability or plate defects caused by processing. Faster makereadies and greater dot stability also reduce waste on press.
|Non-ablative, thermal, negative-working (write-the-image) process free plate. No debris removal system required.
|High quality, long-run plate for sheetfed, packaging, web and all UV print applications.
SONORA XTRA Plate for Newspapers: Newspaper and coldset web publication printing
|800 – 850 nm
|LASER ENERGY REQUIRED
|90 to 120 mJ/cm2 depending on platesetter. Provides maximum productivity on most platesetters.
|1 to 99% @ 200 lpi
450 lpi possible. Dependent upon capability of imaging device.
|– Up to 400,000 impressions with web presses
– Up to 250,000 impressions with sheetfed presses
– Up to 100,000 impressions for offset packaging (non-UV ink)
– Up to 100,000 impressions for UV-ink applications
Dependent upon image resolution, press, press chemistry, ink and paper conditions.
|The plate can be handled before and after imaging safely for:
– Up to 2 hours under white light